The Trzy Korony Mountain Hut was built between 1929 and 1930 by the Tourist Committee of the Śląskie Province (Silesian Province) according to the plans prepared by the director of the building school in Katowice. Until 1939 the facility was used as a summer excursion camp for the schoolchildren from the Silesia region, it also housed the accommodation center of the Polish Tatra Society.


During World War II the Germans used the building as a border outpost and the building continued to be used for this purpose also immediately after the war. Then, until 1962 it was used as a vacation house for the soldiers of the Border Guard Forces. Since 1965 the building was a vacation house for the Polish Tourist and Sightseeing Society branch located at the former Vladimir Lenin Steelworks. In 1973 the building became the property of the Polish Tourist and Sightseeing Society which ran the renovation of premises. Today all the apartments have bathrooms.